Do you have curly or frizzy hair? Then, possibly you are really fed up with your hair. Why not learn how to straighten hair and stop getting irritated. This is also a good option for those who want some change in their regular looks. Follow these hair straightening tips and flaunt a new and gorgeous look.
If I ask, ‘how much time do you spend on your hair?’, the answers may vary and definitely the ones saying ‘too much’ won’t be satisfied at the end of the whole exercise of hair grooming. So, is that the case with you too? Reasons for this might be many, like having extremely frizzy hair, curly hair or very dense and wavy hair. You might have also tried cutting your hair to short length from time to time, with expectations of having straight hair. Or, you might be keeping your hair short for easy maintenance, irrespective of the fact that you love long hair. Alright, then for all of you who are eager to get rid of this problem, here’s the good news. Learn how to straighten hair and forget the tangles. Here are the hair straightening tips, follow them and love your hair.
Hair Straightening Tips for Straightening Gel
This is one of the easy to use hair straighteners. This should be used by those with wavy hair or having slight curls.
* First, clean your hair with your regular shampoo followed by a conditioner.
* Once you are done with the washing process, wring a towel on your hair. After 15 minutes remove the towel and dry your hair with another dry towel.
* Apply straightening gel after towel drying.
* Now, blow dry by taking one section at a time. Comb it with a flat small toothed brush while you blow dry. You will take some time to master the exact process of how to straighten hair.
* Once you are done, apply a cream or gel to keep it straight and non-frizzy. This condition will last for about 2 – 3 days.
Hair Straightening Tips for Straightening Iron
Remember that you are going to use a electronic appliance. So, extra care has to be taken. Read the following instructions before you buy one:
* Go for a branded straightening iron.
* The one with ceramic plates will be the best. Also, a ceramic coated hair iron is known to be kinder to your hair than others.
* Adjustable temperature setting will be a bonus. You will need to experiment it for the first few times to know the ideal temperature for your hair.
* Opt for those with smaller plates if your hair is short or medium length. Go for wider plates if your hair is long or thick.
* Though you may find that the high heat setting gives fast results, try using lower setting for fine hair and higher setting for thick.
* Don’t purchase a heavy straightening iron. If your arm starts paining, you won’t be able to achieve the best results.
Hair Straightening Tips for Straightening Iron
1. Wash you hair with a shampoo. Use a conditioner followed by a thorough rinse with water.
2. Dry your hair completely or else the iron may have no effect on your hair. Avoid blow drying.
3. Brush hair thoroughly and make it free of tangles.
4. Applying a heat protection product will help to keep your hair away from damage.
5. Take a section of your hair and tie the rest of it with claw clips. Start with the underneath layers.
6. Hold the iron as close as possible to the roots and slide it through the length of the hair. Maintain the same pressure from roots to ends. Follow this step with each section.
7. Once all the sections are done, brush them and look at the beauty in your mirror. This will last till you wash your hair the next time.
Chemical Hair Straightening: This is known to last for about 5 – 6 months. But, the duration varies depending on the hair texture. You can buy a chemical hair straightening kit available in the market and do the following procedure at home to have those beautiful locks.
Step 1: First, mix the chemicals as given in the kit instructions leaflet.
Step 2: Place a towel around your neck to avoid skin irritation.
Step 3: Start applying the straightening cream section by section. While you work on one section, keep the rest of the hair tied above. Starting from the nape, work upwards.
Step 4: Apply the straightening cream with a hair brush thoroughly to cover the sections properly. You need to be fast while doing this; as you have to comb the hair once all sections are covered, and the hair becomes hard because of the chemicals.
Step 5: So, as mentioned above, once you cover all your hair, comb it straight downwards. Keep combing for about 10 – 15 minutes and then rinse your hair. Make sure all the cream is gone.
Step 6: Now apply the neutralizing cream all over your hair.
Step 7: Wait for 20 minutes.
Step 8: Rinse your hair to remove the cream. Shampoo and condition your hair.
You can follow the above hair straightening tips, considering your requirements and have the gorgeous looking straight locks. Remember to take extra hair care after the straightening process. Use a good hair conditioner after each wash. Also, trim the hair regularly to prevent split ends. Now that, ‘how to straighten hair’ is no more a big worry for you, just do it and get ready to show off your straight and shiny hair to the world. Hope these hair straightening tips are useful to you.